FB Swapping do's and donts
The correct ettiquette of swapping...
- always respect that an FB is the property of the person for whom it was made, that you temporarily are looking after/ signing/ passing along its journey, and are therefore in a position of trust and responsibility for someones property.
- if you do not happen to like a particular FB for whatever reason just write "hello there, passing on [the date]" and send it on its journey.
- if writing your name and address in the FB, always include the country in which you live on your address. Remember that most FBs will travel all over the world, and not everyone will be able to guess what country you are in from the style of your address.
- Its always nice to add a few words about your main interests to your name and address, just to encourage like-minded people to write to you.
- when an FB is full (that is, when you have filled the last useable space in an FB) please send it back to the person whom it was made for. Very often they will make, and send out, fbs for you, in return, and you never know, you may make a lovely new friend.
- Everyone who makes FBs has a different style of making them, but please ensure that they are clean, and interesting or attractive for people to recieve, sign and pass on.
- When you recieve an fb, try to ensure that you send it along its journey to another swapper within about a month. Otherwise an FB can take years to be filled and sent back to its owner.
- if you have been sent a full fb of yours back, make some fbs for the person who sent it back to you, and pass them along.
- some people send friendship books to people in prison. While obviously being in prison doesn't automatically make someone bad (or good!), most people do not like to receive letters from prisoners, so please respect that and do not send an fb or someones details to people in prison unless the fb signers/ owners have specifically said that it is alright.
- do not throw away peoples full FBs to avoid returning them to the owner. You expect other people to return your full fbs to you, and therefore please play fair and sincere and return their full fbs to them.
- do not deface fbs by stealing cover pictures, writing abuse over someones address (if you don't like them, then don't write to them, simple as that) etc. If you don't like the fb, simply write "hello from...." and send it along its way.
- do not write to FB signers, expecting anything other than sincere penfriendship. 99.9% of FB swappers are NOT interested in pornographic exchanges/ romance seeking, begging letters, religious tracts, pyramid schemes, or chainletters. Even in these days, FB swapping is not a medium for "shady" stuff!
- please don't use dirty or messy paper for making fbs, they should be nice to pass on! Think of the people the FB will meet in the future - you want it to make a good impression!
- When you are sent an FB, please make sure its passed on in a reasonable amount of time, It is not fair to delay the fbs journey for months or in some cases years! It might never get home!
- Don't use sexually explicit pictures/ language, or swearing/ racist language in fbs, most people will not be impressed!